We have one guest and no members online
The 2012 SWMHRA Annual Member Survey
Hello SWMHRA Members,
Below are results on the 2012 Member Survey. We do this survey on an annual basis to gauge
member experiences/expectations and drive our planning for the upcoming year. Thank you to
everyone who participated in this year's survey!
The Southwest Metro Human Resources Association
Results of the 2012 SWMHRA Member Survey
We received almost 100 responses to our questionnaire. Here is what we found:
SWMHRA Goals Are To:
* Provide quality educational programs through SWMHRA meetings
* Offer camaraderie and networking opportunities
* Help members with day-to-day HR issues
* Allow access to resources (SWMHRA website, member directory, discussion forum, meetings)
* Promote the value and importance of the HR profession.
Are there any other goals you feel are important to add to the above?
- No – 95.7%
- Yes – 4.3% → Corporate Citizenship (community outreach) and certification for CEUs
Other: TCICEBS, HR Executive Forum, MN OD Network, ASTD-TCC, IPMA-HR Minnesota, hrconnection, MSP-HR, Twin Cities Compensation Network, World at Work, and APA.
SWMHRA meetings will be held the second Thursday of each month. NOTE: During July and August SWMHRA does not meet. Our schedule is as follows: Networking is 7:30-8:00 A.M. Meetings are 8:00-9:30 A.M. Open forum discussions are 9:30-10:00 A.M. (Optional for those who want to stay and discuss current issues) Does this current meeting day/time work for you?
- Yes – 82.6%
- No – 17.4% → Lunch/afternoon/evening meetings, later start time, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Fridays.
In your opinion, what are HR’s biggest challenges today? Here are the top 5 responses:
- Acquiring key talent/lack of available talent
- Building leadership ability
- Healthcare Issues (Reform/Cost containment)
- Driving cultural and behavioral change in the organization
- Constraints on headcount (“making do with less”)
Which job titles do you recruit for most often? Here are the top 5 responses:
- Production/Assemblers/Machine Operators
- Sales/Customer Service
- Various IT positions
- Various mid level exempt office positions
Other → Outside agencies needed to fill some positions, over-qualified candidates, high turnover of newly hired candidates, pay/incentives not market-competitive, highly technical/specific hard-to-find skill sets, and relocation issues. NOTE: Many “other” comments were related to “under-qualified” candidates.
What are your biggest challenges in your HR Role? Here are the top 5 responses:
- Workload – significant increased responsibilities with a reduced staff and trying to find a work/life balance
- Training issues at all levels of the organization
- Lack of upper management/leadership involvement with HR
- Recruitment challenges
- Keeping current on workplace laws and update compliances
The overall topics our members have requested to see as possible future SWMHRA events are:
- Best Practices in HR
- HR’s Value-Added/Return on Investment
- HR as a Business Partner
- Metrics and Measurements of HR
- Emerging Issues in HR
- Strategic Management Issues
- The Future of the HR Profession
- Employer of Choice
- Life Balance Issues
- Technology and HR