Hello SWMHRA Members,
Below are results of the 2020 Member Survey. We conduct this survey annually to gauge member experiences/expectations and to drive our planning for the upcoming year.
As we do each year, here is a highlight of the overall benefits of SWMHRA:
- We are the only HR Association in town that does not charge for meetings and membership.
- SWMHRA membership includes access to our website (swmhra.org), discussion forum, regular events, job board, free information, networking and referrals.
- Another distinguishing factor of SWMHRA is that we are local and our membership is exclusively Corporate HR. Our lack of vendors means more freedom for our members to be collaborative from an HR-to-HR standpoint.
- In the past year, outstanding speakers have presented a variety of HR related topics such as: legal updates, benefits/wellness, HR metrics, compensation, change management, talent acquisition, retention challenges, employee relations issues and more. Our free meetings allow members to learn, discuss and be updated on the latest in HR. SWMHRA Members can refer to our Annual Meeting hand-out to get a complete overview of all our 2019- 2020 speakers and meeting topics.
- Many SWMHRA members have connected to new job opportunities by attending meetings, receiving job board notices, or through referrals/networking.
- As part of the above, SWMHRA posts HR (and other) job opportunities on our website at no cost which helps people find jobs and assists member companies in sourcing candidates.
- The majority (over 65%) of our members are HR Managers, Directors and VPs. This makes for great networking!
- Annually, we conduct a Member Survey to find out what our members need. They identify and communicate important suggestions on ways to meet their day-to-day HR challenges.
- Overall, we offer professional and personal development – ideas, knowledge, resources and networking opportunities which support and improve the Human Resources role within organizations.
As an organization, SWMHRA goals are to:
- Provide quality educational programs through SWMHRA meetings
- Offer camaraderie and networking opportunities
- Help members with day-to-day HR issues
- Allow access to resources (SWMHRA website, member directory, discussion forum, events/meetings, etc.)
- Promote the value and importance of the HR profession.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this year’s survey!
Results of the 2020 Member Survey
How long have you been a member of the
Southwest Metro Human Resources Association?
In general, please rate how well these aspects of
SWMHRA currently meet your needs:
Using the same list, please rate how important
these SWMHRA features are to you:
What other HR Associations are you a
current member of? (Check all that apply)
In your opinion, how often should
In your opinion, what are HR’s biggest challenges today? Here are the top 5 responses:
- Recruitment challenges
- Succession planning
- Driving cultural and behavioral change in the organization
- State and Federal legal compliance changes and updates
What are the biggest day-to-day challenges you face in your current HR role? Here are the top 5 responses:
- So much to do, so little time (Time Management)
- Employee Relations
- Staying Current
- Upper Management
The overall topics our members have requested to see as possible SWMHRA events are:
- Emerging Issues in HR
- Health, Safety, Security, Violence Harassment
- Leadership Issues
- Metrics and Measurements of HR
- Employment Best Practices
Due to COVID-19, the areas our members are facing the greatest challenges with are:
- Maintaining employee morale
- Loss of business
- Maintaining company culture
- Maintaining employee productivity
- Creating Return to Work procedures
Note: The next questions on the survey requested Demographic Information, Speaker and Meeting Host suggestions. Those answers are not included here. If you are a SWMHRA member and would like to receive the demographic information from this survey, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to all SWMHRA members who took time to complete the survey!
Executive Director, SWMHRA